Basic information on A(H1N1) or Bird Flu:
What are the signs and symptoms of this virus in humans?
• Similar to the symptoms of regular flu such as:
• Muscle or joint pains
• Lack of appetite
• Runny nose
• Sore throat
• Some cases have reported diarrhea, nausea and vomiting.
How can we prevent the spread of the virus?
1. Observe proper personal hygiene:
• Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing
• Wash hands regularly with soap and water, at least for 20 seconds (or use alcohol-based hand sanitizers) especially after handling patients and specimen, before and after eating, after using the toilet and as necessary.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread this way.
2. Increase your body’s resistance
• Have at least 8 hours of sleep
• Be physically active
• Manage your stress
• Drink plenty of fluids
• Eat nutritious food, especially fruits and vegetables
3. Social distancing.
• Avoid crowded places.
• Avoid close contact with sick people.
• Stay home if you are sick until you are free from symptoms to prevent the spread of the virus.
If you have flu like symptoms and history of travel to Influenza A(H1N1) affected countries/areas, immediately consult a doctor.
image from Internet